Hey everyone! Long time, no post, am I right? =) I’m so excited to start posting again here on Notebooks and Novels. I have some fun things planned for the coming weeks that I think you all will enjoy, but in the meantime, here are twenty writing prompts that will unleash the story inside of you. These are prompts taken from my notebook and some songs that I’ve been listening to and loving lately. Enjoy, and happy writing! =)
Writing Prompts From My Notebook
- My mind is full of cobwebs, but I don’t know where they came from.
- Once upon a time, I was free.
- The circus is here….
- No one knew who she was, least of all herself.
- She was broken, but he loved her. And that made her beautiful.
- I told you I’d be back.
- I don’t have a bright world. I don’t have a bleak one. I have a mottled grey world.
- Crisp, creamy white paper. College ruled. Black ink. Neat handwriting. One word. Hello.
- Don’t say goodbye.
- I don’t watch the news anymore.
Writing Prompts From Music
- “Loving you is just like holding onto fool’s gold.” -“Fool’s Gold,” Mike Arnoult (feat. Jessie Villa)
- “Do you remember dancing, darling?” -“Heart Beating,” SHELLS
- “You really know how to make me cry when you give me those ocean eyes.” -“Ocean Eyes,” Billie Eilish
- “I wish I was brave enough to love you.” -“Brave Enough,” Lindsey Stirling (feat. Christina Perri)
- “There’s a ghost, she’s wearing my face.” -“There’s a Ghost,” Fleurie
- “I was wrong to ever let you go.” -“Everything and More,” Hollyn (feat. Aaron Cole)
- “Everybody’s dancing in the moonlight.” -“Dancing in the Moonlight (2001 remix),” Toploader
- “Before you leave, you must know you are beloved. And before you leave, remember I was with you.” -“Beloved,” Mumford and Sons
- “You are not alone. I’ve been here the whole time singing you a song.” -“Carry You,” Ruelle (feat. Fleurie)
- “If it weren’t for second chances, we’d all be alone.” -“Second Chances,” Gregory Alan Isakov
Which of these was your favorite prompt? Do you have any prompts that you’d like to share?
Like this? Then you might like these…
- My Friday Favorite Five
- June 6, 1944
- Free Printable Library Play Set
- 10 of My Favorite Quotes About Reading and Writing
- London, 1941 / A Short Story
P.S. Don’t forget to check out my guest post at Only by Grace! =) Click here to read about three questions that will help you discover the story of your heart!