I hope that you all are having a fantastic weekend. Today, I am very excited to be doing a creative tag created by my friend Elizabeth Anne of Stories and Sketches. This looks like a lot of fun, so let’s jump right into it! =)
What is a Creative Tag?
Elizabeth Anne explains it best: “A creative tag is a blog post, in which the author asks a list of questions about creativity, and ‘tags’ a group of people, who then answer the questions on their blog.”
- What is your favorite way to create?
- What is your favorite quote about creativity?
- How do you overcome “creative block”?
- What inspires you to create?
What is your favorite way to create?
My favorite way to create is through words. Specifically, I like to use the mediums of poetry and prose (fiction and nonfiction) to create with words. Check out the “My Stories” tab at the top of my blog to learn more about some of my stories! 🙂
What is your favorite quote about creativity?
I have so many quotes about creativity (specifically writing) that I love. Here’s just one of them:
“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.”-William Wordsworth, English romantic poet
I like this quote because I believe that it applies not only to writing, but to all creative disciplines. ❤
How do you overcome “creative block”?
I’m really bad at this sometimes, but I overcome creative block by finding more inspiration or pushing through it. In my opinion, the best ways to overcome creative block are to create and see what happens, to get more inspiration, or to take a brief break.
What inspires you to create?
Many different things inspire me to create. Here is a list of some of them:
- A cause or issue that I feel passionate about raising awareness for or resolving.
- Other forms of art, such as paintings, songs, pictures, or other stories or poems!
- Places that I have visited.
- Stories that people tell me.
- …And, many, many other things!
Hanna @ Taking My Time
Penny Wood @ Jane Austen’s Lightsaber
YOU! I would love for all of you other creatives to take advantage of this tag. ❤